Reporting to the Head of Production, the Post Production Operations Manager will manage the post production facility at Somethin’ Else to ensure it is fully operational and meets the technical and creative requirements of all clients.
As well as being technically capable with a working knowledge of current post production standards and workflows, the ideal candidate will have previous people management experience.
The Post Production Operations Manager will oversee post production operations for TV, Radio, Podcasts, Digital and Branded content.
- Ensure that department output meets all industry technical and quality standards
- Develop and sustain a professional environment and provide the highest level of customer service and technical industry standards
- Ensure quality end to end post delivery to Sky, BBC and blue-chip brands
- Manage and develop a small and busy team of audio and edit assistants and a post-production coordinator
- Be across the work of all post freelancers, ensuring high standards are maintained
- Oversee the booking of freelancers (depending on the role)
- Continuously improve facility operations, quality and performance
- Provide strategic technical and operational input to develop the growth and capability of the department
- Negotiate with external service companies for the right services at the best price
- Maintain a close working relationship with the production management team, ensuring a high level of communication at all times
Knowledge and experience required
- Experience working within a professional media or broadcast environment
- Extensive knowledge of media and broadcast technologies and digital systems
- Expert knowledge of post-production techniques and the ability to apply this knowledge with confidence
- Working knowledge of post-production editing software
- Proven people management experience
- Knowledge of and interest in audio post production
- Working knowledge of Farmers Wife and equivalent scheduling software
- Understanding of media asset management, ingest, offline, online, audio, grade, broadcast deliverables and archiving
- Knowledge of networked Avid environment, Adobe products and Pro Tools
- Keen attention to detail
- Excellent customer services skills
- Self-motivated with a willingness to improve processes and efficiency
- Excellent people management skills
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise a large fast-moving workload according to changing business needs
- Ability to write up post production documents e.g. QC reports
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels of the organisation
Apply here by uploading your CV and a cover letter outlining your salary expectation and why you want to work for Somethin’ Else in this role.
The deadline for applications is 1st February 2019.View all jobs