Somethin’ Else creates award-winning radio, podcast, TV, social and online content for an extensive and growing range of brands and broadcasters including the BBC, The BRIT Awards, Audible, Amazon, Sky Arts and Red Bull. We are now looking for a Junior Accountant to join our finance team.
Core Responsibilities of the Role:
- To input purchase orders and AP invoices into the SAP accounting system, checking all details for completeness and accuracy (400 per month)
- To enforce company policy and approval procedures on purchasing and expenses
- To perform supplier statement reconciliations
- To prepare and post the month-end purchase order accrual
- To perform twice monthly payment runs via BACS
- To post direct debits to the SAP accounting system
- To perform daily bank reconciliations for all company bank accounts
- To manage the petty cash float and perform monthly reconciliations
- To manage and reconcile production float advances
- To reconcile the Directors’ credit card statements to the SAP accounting system
- To liaise with other members of the company to ensure credit card expenses are reconciled and booked
- To propose future payment runs so weekly cash-flows can be planned.
- To provide ad-hoc analysis as required by the Financial Controller, Finance Director and other Directors of the company
- To assist the Financial Controller in the preparation of production cost reports
- To take ownership of certain balance sheet accounts, preparing reconciliations and posting adjustment journals (bank accounts, accruals, prepayments, fixed assets)
- To forge a strong working relationship with other support functions including IT, Production Management and HR
Skill / Experience / Knowledge:
- Strong Maths GCSE
- Must be a self-starter will a can-help attitude. The ability to prioritise tasks is essential.
- Some previous exposure to an AP function would be an advantage.
- SAP Business One experience advantageous.
- This is a visible role. The ability to communicate with people at all levels of the company is a must.
- An understanding of the media environment along with a demonstrable interest in Somethin’ Else’s output.
If you are interested in the role, please apply here by uploading your CV and a cover letter by 30th October 2019.View all jobs