We are looking for an experienced Edit Assistant to join our post production team on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the Head of Post Production, you will play a pivotal role within a busy team working across multiple projects for a range of broadcasters and brands.
You will be required to ingest and transcode media, create and deliver files for playout and manage client deliveries. You will be responsible for management of project and archive storage spaces.
Experience of responding to rapidly-changing priorities, troubleshooting and strong communication skills are a must. Knowledge of Avid Media Composer within a shared storage environment is essential, as are knowledge of broadcast QC processes and DPP delivery standards.
Experience of DDP Shared Storage, Content Agent, DaVinci Resolve/Baselight and Premiere would be an advantage.
This role would suit an experienced edit assistant with a keen interest in the technical side of content creation. When schedules allow, the successful candidate would also have the opportunity to work as an editor on Avid and/or Premiere systems.
- Management of Avid/Premiere projects from ingest through to final delivery
- QC and file delivery for broadcast
- Syncing and conforming media
- Ingest, transcoding and format conversions
- Exporting/uploading media for client review
- Back-up and archive of media
Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience working in a Post Production environment
- Knowledge of Avid and Premiere editing systems
- Keen attention to detail and ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing workloads
- A passion for video production and the energy and drive to see projects through from creation to delivery
- A demonstrable knowledge of the Somethin’ Else portfolio.
Please upload your CV and covering letter here, telling us why you want to work at Somethin’ Else in this particular role.
View all jobs