Please note this is fixed term contract – March-June 2020, and will be part time, 2.5 days per week.
Here at Somethin’ Else we’re looking for a brilliant Broadcast Assistant to work across our two speech audio strands for BBC Radio 4, Gardeners’ Question Time and The Kitchen Cabinet. We’re looking for someone with great ideas who can work within a team of assistant producers and producers to deliver weekly factual-entertainment shows to an extremely high standard.
This is a fixed-term, entry level role suitable for someone starting out a career in audio / who has some experience working at Broadcast Assistant level. The final candidate will gain a great understanding of the production of weekly outside-broadcasts for national radio, as well as the wider podcast and audio productions at Somethin’ Else.
- general administrative support to Assistant Producers and Producers
- script research and general research for programmes
- delivering programme paperwork and audio
- logistics admin and travel bookings
- supporting the wider production team, including Presenters and Panellists
- contributing show and feature ideas
The ideal candidate will have:
- a demonstrable knowledge of the shows we make
- A love of audio, wide ranging podcast/radio listening habits and a desire to develop audio production skills.
- an innovative and imaginative approach to programme ideas.
- Previous experience in speech radio / podcast production
- a good knowledge of food and gardening is not essential but will be an advantage.
Please apply here by uploading your CV and a cover letter explaining why you want to work for Somethin’ Else in this role by 19th February.
Somethin’ Else is committed to equal employment opportunities and to ensuring a diverse and inclusive workforce. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of society and are open to discussing flexible or part-time working arrangements.
We particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic candidates, people with disabilities and women, as they are under-represented in this part of the business. If you have a disability or a need that we can accommodate in our hiring process, please let us know.View all jobs